Thursday, February 23, 2017

Post 11

When my family relocated to a new neighborhood being built I met my friend Axel*, we became best friends rather quickly. Over the course of the years we drifted with how much we communicated, because we had different paths in life; we were both dealing with family issues, while he was also focusing on ensuring his baseball scholarship(s). During the last two years before I moved to Georgia his parents divorced and he and his other siblings were forced to decide who they'd rather live with.

I believe this is the trigger that sent him on his downward Spiral; to cop with the adjustment, Axel* started getting involved with the wrong group of people, and taking drugs. Eventually it all caught up with him and he ended up losing his full ride scholarship to the University he wanted to attend; that was the last information I knew before I had moved. When I went back to visit my old neighborhood and asked about him, I found out that his dad lost his job and sub-sequentially their home, so they had to move.

Name changed*

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry about your friend. He had a tough life. Having to go through parents divorcing is hard enough without having to choose. I hope it gets better for him. Most people somehow end up growing after hardships, and I hope he does so.

    ReplyDelete