Thursday, April 27, 2017

Post 27

One work that we read during the semester that I would be willing to read again, is the poem "Quiet Night Thoughts" by Li Po (a.k.a Li Bo). Throughout the semester, we have read many compelling pieces that are great for discuss and debate; but its just something that resonated with me about the piece. 
The most appealing aspects to me in the piece are the imagery, relatability, and the simplistic style of writing i.e."Lifting my head I watch the bright moon"; this shows that not all great work has to be meticulously structured in order to deliver a message. I will continue to read this poem due to the fact that I like the authors work.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good choice. Glad you found a piece of literature that you really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love Li Po. Real magic happens in his moonlight, I think, and I enjoy sitting with him. Thanks for the fine writing and for being in my class.

    ReplyDelete