Saturday, March 18, 2017

Post 16

In my opinion I believe that high ranking government officials should lead by personal example.  When a person leads by example, it shows that they actually care and respect there platform; using there status as a model figure. Thanks to the internet, it is far more frequently broadcasted when officials say or do one thing, but then lie or do the opposite of there plans, it creates a wall between them and there transparency. The mentality of "Do as I say and not as I do" creates a barrier of trust between people who are in high positions which is hard to break once started.
In a sense, a person of high ranking can't be just any ordinary person with a title behind them; they need to prove themselves and show that they are working for the benefit of everyone and not for selfish gain. Leading by personal example is more of a way of life, connecting and being more relatable with others. As opposed to someone who only leads by example because they know the cameras are watching and not because they actually want to.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Davesha,
    I really agree with your post. I also believe that the gov should lead by example. I like how you went into details and explained how it shows that they actually care and respect there platform; using there status as a model figure.

    Porsha,

    ReplyDelete