Monday, January 23, 2017

Post 3

My family has a couple of different archetypes that are a tradition; one for my family is the way in which we prepare our Christmas Eve Dinner. Every single year we all gather at my house and each contribute with the preparation for Christmas Eve Dinner. I don't know why but my dad always wants to create a menu, even though we always end up suggesting and making the same items each year.

We always make the same items because they are our favorite items to eat, we make these especially on Christmas Eve because I have a lot of family that comes in from out of town so we try to make sure that everyone has at least one of their favorite homemade food items at the dinner table. Another archetype we honor is that everyone in my family has a "specialty" or signature dish that they make. We also have the tradition that we always gather at my parents house; even though we've moved to another state, we have kept the tradition alive and continue to hold Christmas Eve Dinner at our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment